Fun, fulfilling and flexible – join the Musical Bumps team!
So, as a music education specialist, she devised the Musical Bumps ‘formula’ using her professional expertise and belief that the Kodaly philosophy was the best possible starting point. This is now proven to be both educationally sound and commercially successful.
The first Musical Bumps classes were in Hackney in London and East Malling in Kent. They were immediately popular and very successful. Parents chose Musical Bumps classes because of the friendly environment, the opportunity for socialising and the clear musical progression as their children grew. The franchise business was launched in 2003 and classes soon expanded within Kent and to other areas of London and the South East.
Musical Bumps has been a part of my life for a long time now – and what a journey it’s been!
I still remember the first ever class – and those children are at secondary school now –
many of them are still keen music makers.
Seeing classes run up and down the country is so exciting
– I can’t believe it all started one Thursday morning in the local village hall.
I believed then, and still believe today that music making and musical learning is of fundamental importance to young children.
Musical Bumps classes have the power to transform lives.
Here’s to many more years of music-making and fun for thousands of Musical Bumps families!
– Sarah Marsh – Founder and Director
The initial package includes:
- The exclusive right to trade within an agreed territory
- The security of a 5 year renewable licence
- An Enhanced DBS check
- Comprehensive initial training for running both your classes and your business
- Your own area page on our website
As a licensed teacher you have:
- Regular, ongoing training in all aspects of running a Musical Bumps business
- Unrivalled on-call support from our friendly team!
- Mentoring from established Musical Bumps teachers.
- Help with establishing and promoting your business
- Weekly, age-appropriate lesson plans for each age group
- Access to our comprehensive teachers’ website, which includes a complete database of our repertoire
- A dedicated Musical Bumps email address
- Further opportunities to develop your career within music education
Our fees are amongst the most competitive in the industry; a fraction of many other musical or children’s franchises and businesses! Please contact us to find out more.
I love running my own successful business, and I’m delighted that I have been able to change my career path to fit in with family life – but have still been able to make a good living!
Musical Bumps is growing! We are expanding throughout the UK, and are keen to offer something to English-speaking and Ex-pat communities around the world!
- Musical Bumps teachers believe in the fundamental importance of musical education for young children.
- They relish the challenge of running their own successful business and thrive within the supportive structure of the Musical Bumps family.
- They are motivated and ambitious – and popular with the families they work with!
To help us select the best teachers to run Musical Bumps, we’ve put together a checklist – The Four Foundations – to be successful, you really need these qualities! If you’d like to find out more about our Four Foundations, please watch this video, and request your copy here!
Dynamic, Energetic, Articulate, Motivated?
- Do you share our belief in the power of music education?
- Would you enjoy running your own business?
- Do you have a confident singing voice?
- Would you love working with babies, young children and their families?
- Are you decisive, reliable, organised and excited about developing your own business?
Interested? Sound like you?
The licensed teacher package is exceptionally competitive and will set you on a path to success with Musical Bumps! Complete the form below for more information.
Without doubt the most rewarding job I have ever done… flexibility essential for me with a young family… I even made a profit in my first year of trading!
Margaret Lewin – Tonbridge and Sevenoaks